The next Eastbourne lunch will be on 22nd November 2019, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM, at the Grand Hotel, sponsored by Humphrey & Co – Book Here
Book onto upcoming dates here:
- 22nd November 2019 – Book here
Humphrey & Co
WHEN WILL BUDGET DAY BE NOW?
It was announced on 14 October that Sajid Javed’s first budget would be on 6 November but with a general election in December when will it be now?
The current political uncertainty makes it difficult to give clear tax advice as a number of key proposals in the draft Finance Bill scheduled to take effect from April 2020 might not now take place, due to the December general election.
The key tax measures “in limbo” until legislated in Finance Act 2020 are:
– Extending the “off-payroll” working rules to the private sector
– Restricting R&D repayable credit for SMEs
– Limiting CGT private residence and lettings reliefs
– The proposed 2% reduction in P11d car benefits
The “off-payroll” working rules will almost certainly proceed, even if not from 6 April 2020, and thus businesses and workers affected should prepare for the planned changes. Contact us if you need help in assessing the likely impact on your business.