We take a look at the charities we worked with in 2020 and we extend a thanks to all those that supported our very worthy causes.
Local Charity Support – Christmas Fundraising 2020
Sponsors’ article: Humphrey & Co
In 2020 we supported The Eastbourne Foodbank and Hangleton & West Blatchington Foodbank. In the run-up to Christmas staff took part in some Christmas fundraising which included a Christmas quiz, a raffle, and Christmas Jumper Day. All prizes were sourced from small local business and we raised £312 which means the total raised in 2020 is £2,625. We are very appreciative to all members of our staff who have helped to raise money for these very worthy causes.
Thank you to all the local business we bought our raffle prizes from:
- Christmas flowers from The Bloom Factory
- A gift voucher from La Vida Hairdressing
- A luxury hamper of baked Christmas goods from Beth Cooks
- A pamper pack and voucher from Essential Beauty
- A golf voucher from Lottbridge Drove Golf Club
- A voucher from restaurant Company
- A luxury hamper of local wine a savour goods from The Wealden Kitchen
- A wax burner and wax melt gift set from A Candle Company
- A gin gift set from Generation 11 Gin
- A snowman full of pick’n’mix sweets Bear Sweets
- A voucher from Barley Sugar Deli
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic we were not able to fundraise as much as we would have liked so we have decided to support both Foodbanks for another year.
The Eastbourne Foodbank and Hangleton & West Blatchington Foodbank are local to our offices in Eastbourne and Hove. Foodbanks are here to support those in the local community who do not have sufficient funds to buy their own food and essential toiletries, whilst also offering advice and support groups to those in need.
We hope to be supporting both charities in 2021 by collecting food donations throughout the year and also donating the money raised through various fundraising activities we aim to undertake. Our first donation of 2021 will be £500 to each charity.